Areas of Expertise
- Construction & Engineering
- Dispute Resolution
- Domestic Arbitration
- International Arbitration
- Litigation in Local Courts
- Enforcing Foreign Judgements & Arbitration Awards
- Offshore Construction & Marine Engineering
- Private Finance Initiative -Public Private Partnership
- Construction Professional Negligence.
- Advised, appeared and argued on behalf of India’s largest construction company in a complex arbitration against the governmental agency charged with construction and maintenance of National Highways across India involving claims of approximately USD 80-85 million.
- Advised, appeared and argued arbitration matters on behalf of prominent private construction contractors in their arbitrations in relation to claim amounts ranging between USD 5 – 28 million.
- Represented international clients in construction disputes, such as a Singapore based construction company in arbitration proceedings against a private contractor in relation to the construction of public infrastructure project wherein the claim amount involved was USD 13.50 million approximately.
- Also, acted in several arbitrations on behalf of the construction subsidiary of India’s largest corporate conglomerate and particularly in a dispute against a foreign government in relation to a construction project in the said country.
Karnataka State Bar Council (Licensed to practice in all jurisdictions in India)
Bachelors of Business Administration and Bachelors of Laws (BBA LL.B.), Symbiosis Law School, Pune, India.
Partner @ Panag & Babu
Law Offices of Panag and Babu
Lower Ground Floor
South Extension Part II